Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Queen of the Fairies - Model Finished

Well she's all done and GORGEOUS!!!!!


Everything around here is starting to settle down. And I'm feeling better living with my Mom. It's been an adjustment, but we are getting through it all. I even got my Mom stitching again since her accident 2 years ago. She's not as fast as she use to be. I'm having to teach her how to stitch. It's funny that I'm having to do this for her, as she's the one that taught me. It's true that when they say we have to re-teach our parents when they get older. I just never thought that I would have to do it so soon. But I'm thankful that I can help my Mom.

6 comments:

Dawn T. said...

She is stunning! Great job:)

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

That is so pretty and I love the colors in that too...you did a very wonderful job in stitching that....she is beautiful...I'm stitching a pattern called "Angel Of Praise" and I got quit a bit done on her too. I'm doing it on 28 count Quaker Pearl Grey material.

Take care & Happy Stitching

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn

Was just mooching around the stitching blogs and came across yours. Your stitching is beautiful. You have done some gorgeous pieces. Queen of the Fairies is just so pretty. I haven't attempted a PR yet. Maybe this one will be my first.

I'm sorry to read about your dad. My husbands dad died in February too. He was 60, no illnesses known and keeled over at the top of the stairs of heart attack and died instantly. It's so sad :o(

I'll be back soon to see what gorgeous finishes you have :o)

Did Laura name "Dawn the Fairy Spirit of Grace" after you?

Deb said...

Dawn,
Which fabric color do you prefer for the fairy? I like both that you've chosen, but was just curious about your personal preference. I have the chart, but can't decide on the fabric.
Deb

Juls said...

Stunning finish!!!! I just started her using the Venus threads and am loving them!!! I picked a PTPlus fabric Fresco. I'm glad things are settling down for you. And wish you all the best!!!

Dawn said...

Thank you all for your wonderful compliments.

Yes, "Dawn, the Fairy Spirit of Grace" was named after me. I gave Laura some color suggestions and she designed and devoted this design to me. I'm so honored.

As for my favorite fabric choice, I love them both. With Queen of the Fairies you really can't go wrong.