Friday, December 12, 2008

Pre Teen blues

OMG I can't believe how long it's been since I've written in my blog. But this has really been such a trying year with DD. We are going through so many emotional and physical issues. And of course my DD knows EVERYTHING!!! Yes we have started developing and changing into a young woman. But thank God no menses yet. And we are dealing with severe peer pressure. OMG are kids (especially the girls) so mean these days!!! My DD is dealing with it so bad that she is going from a straight "A" student to "D" and "F" student. So today I called her teacher and told her about her behavorial problems at home and how worried I am about her grades. And her teacher knows what I am going through. Evidently there are others having the same problems. So together we are going to work on teaching my DD how to deal with this "Peer Pressure" and get her tuned back into doing better in school.

You know I remeber when I was in school and all of this did not start until Middle School and towards the end. I was known as the school Liesbian for 4 years just because I was caught putting in a tampon. OMG!!!! I can only imagine what these girls are doing now in Elementary School. Which my DD is only in 5th grade. I don't remember girls having boobs and thier menses so young. Heck I was only 14 when I developed. Not that anyone really cares. But it's so heart wrenching to see that your own DD is having the same problems you had when you were thier age. But now it's starting much younger!!! And all I can do is cry during the day for my DD and try to show her how to deal with it. I really don't want her to grow up with no self confidence and feel lonely like I did growing up. As an only child, it's even harder. She's lucky to have a little sister to play with. I'm sure when they get older they will be best of friends.

Sorry for my rant, but had to get this all off my chest. Parenting isn't what it use to be. Now I feel like I need to go back to school and get a PHD in Psychology.

No comments: